We understand that providing user registration information and details surrounding personal finance or college savings involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“Personal Information”), including your first and last name and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date) as well as your child’s information, including the 529 college savings plan you have established.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated information, purchase history, and demographic information.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see “Cookies and Other Technologies” below.
How we use your information
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our website. In order to provide you the most current information and offerings, we will send you email messages that contain information about your account with us and other college savings related information. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
With whom we share your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as investment managers, financial advisors, certified financial planners, insurance brokers, tax professionals, and other third party suppliers. If you communicate with such third party supplier we encourage you to review their privacy policies as we have no control over how they treat or share your information once you are on their site. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when Personal Information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular 529 college savings plans. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting this website’s Profile page. You can close your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your Personal Information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our site.
Display of tailored advertising/Your choices
Data collected by this website to serve you with relevant advertising
GradSave is committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your college savings plans. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests.
Please note that we do not combine the information we collect about your college savings plans on this website with Personal Information (such as email address) to serve you with ads across other websites. We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties. Note that if you choose not to receive tailored ads, you will still see online advertisements, but they will be more general and less relevant to you.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
The advertisements you see on this website are served by us or by our service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites; and (2) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to or from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to GradSave.
Data collected by companies that operate cookie-based exchanges to serve you with relevant advertising
Like other companies operating online, GradSave participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest. These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any such information about you on our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive Personal Information and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
f you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us